Posted on Wed, May 6, 2015 @ 09:23 PM by Carlos Lahrssen
Most businesses at one time or another are faced with the need to do more with less. Sometimes staff departures mean fewer employees carry the same workload until new staff can be hired, or it could be that temporary expenses are forcing management to cut expenses for a time. Cloud phone systems can help businesses increase their productivity while often decreasing costs.
Improving the Processes of Your BusinessOne way to do more with less is to implement process improvements in the systems you have set up. Using what you have more effectively is one way to keep costs down. Another way to save is to replace existing systems with less costly ones that will still meet your needs. Cloud phone systems offer many features not found in traditional systems. For a low monthly fee, businesses gain access to all of the following money-saving capabilities:
- A 24/7 virtual receptionist to route calls and provide off-hour messaging can save businesses money by allowing the office manager to handle outgoing calls and other office tasks rather than spending most of his or her time answering and transferring calls.
- Incoming call management routes calls to the correct staff person or information source within the organization. Better customer service leads to increased sales and improves the bottom line.
- Mobility features make it possible to be accessible even when traveling or working from home. Any missed calls are automatically transcribed to email so you don't miss important messages while in a meeting or unable to answer the phone.
- Scalability makes it easy to add or decrease users, so staff changes can be managed quickly and easily.
- Central management control allows one unified phone system to be used in multiple locations. Telecommuting saves money on office space and equipment, and workers who telecommute are often more productive than those who work on-site.
- Call center features can provide customer service with less staff and at a lower cost than traditional call center options. Customer information is integrated to improve first call resolution, transfer rates and other KPI measurements.
Making the Complex, SimplerDue to the automation capabilities of IP phone systems, managers are able to manage complex processes effectively. Reports that used to take hours to compile are now available with just a click. Measuring performance is now a simple task, which means that resources can be allocated to further training and improving performance instead. Such improvements within the business are a major factor in doing more with less.
With better training, customer service personnel can handle calls faster and more efficiently, saving time and labor costs while providing better service. How well businesses handle customer service is one of the most important factors in its success, so well-trained personnel are essential to a healthy business.
Next step: Contact Nexogy to see how a feature-rich phone system can give your business key functionality while simultaneously cutting costs.
Carlos Lahrssen is president of Nexogy.
Topics: business phone systems